This episode is brought to you by Stacks Co. the co-working space where both Seth and I work and record this podcast. Stacks is located in historic downtown Doylestown, in the heart of Bucks County. Stacks Co. allows entrepreneurs like ourselves space to not only work, but grow and connect with others. For a free day of co-working to see if the space is right for you, go to StacksCo.Work for more information. Don’t forget to mention you heard about Stacks on this show.
Okay on to the show…Hey Everyone! Welcome to another episode of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Shawn Swaim the Chief Rain Maker at Big Head Digital Media and the self-proclaimed king of the Internet. With me as always is Seth Goldstein, the Chief Web Geek at Big Head Digital Media.We have a great episode for you today!
Today we’re going meta. We’re talking podcasts and podcasting.
SS: First, I think we should ask the question if Podcasting is right for small businesses and at what phase should one be started?
What’s the intent of the podcast?
- Anchor is a tool too
- Fancy all in one kit like we have with a mixing board, microphones, and headphones we don’t use
- Standalone microphones like Blue Snowball, or Blue Yeti, etc.
- Your phone… No seriously… your phone.
- Quality of content matters more than quality of production value
- Remember we’re not going for NPR here. This is podcasting not radio
- If you drop the F-Bomb you should really use the Explicit tag for that show. It doesn’t mean you need to use it from now on, just the shows where curses and sensitive content is used or talked about.
This week we’re doing our favorite podcast picks.
Well that was fun. As always please give us a review in the podcast directory of your choice. We’re all of the major directories. We also want to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com. Leave us questions, comments, critiques, rants, you name it. If you don’t want us to read the note on the show, please tell us, because we probably will!So that’s it. It’s been fun! See you on the flip side!