This episode is brought to you by Stacks Co. the co-working space where both Shawn and I work and record this podcast. Stacks is located in historic downtown Doylestown, in the heart of Bucks County. Stacks Co. allows entrepreneurs like ourselves space to not only work, but grow and connect with others. For a free day of co-working to see if the space is right for you, go to StacksCo.Work for more information. Don’t forget to mention you heard about Stacks on this show.
Okay on to the show...
Hey Everyone! Welcome to another episode of the Digital Marketing Dive Podcast. I’m Seth Goldstein from Goldstein Media, with me is the self-proclaimed king of the Internet, Shawn Swaim, of Shawn Swaim Consulting. And we have an announcement… intro to Big Head Digital Media.We have a great episode for you today!
Today we’re going to talk about funnels and doing them right for optimal results.For starters, What’s the difference between a funnel and a website?
- A Funnel begins with a landing page as opposed to a home page
Benefits of funnels v. websites
- Funnel is more targeted and direct. Audience has one choice
- Website will perform better with SEO and general marketing
Downside of Funnels v. websites
- Funnels are virtually SEO resistant. Google needs pages/etc, Funnels are typically 3-5 pages that are in sequence
- Websites can be almost too broad. Most websites have a 3-5% conversion rate if they’re really good. Where a funnel can be 10%+
So, how do you use a funnel effectively?
- This is where you’re getting into the big leagues because you’re going to put some ad dollars in. And, you’re probably going to fail at first.
- The funnel actually begins with your ad. If the message in your ad doesn’t get someone thinking of you as a solution, you’ve lost them before they even click.
This week we’re doing general apps and sites that intrigue us.
Well that was fun. As always please give us a review in the podcast directory of your choice. We’re all of the major directories. We also want to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com. Leave us questions, comments, critiques, rants, you name it. If you don’t want us to read the note on the show, please tell us, because we probably will!So that’s it. It’s been fun! See you on the flip side!